- Pulli (dots) are arranged in a specific sequence and order & these pullis are joined to make pictorial designs.
- In pulli kolams, there is an another type - forming of twisted chains by linking one loop with the next & forming wonderful designs with the basic pattern.
- This is called Chuzhi kolam. That is explained laterin a separate link.
- Plates, Boxes are available with tzhe designs etched as tiny holes.
- When these are filled with kolam powder & tapped on the ground, you have a lovely kolam.
- Rollers are also availabe. The rollers are filled with kolam powder & rolled/dragged to create lines, and with a little imagination a kolam of your choice can be executed.
- These are kolams which are drawn daily by the common women allover india.
- These kolams are drawn by keeping dots. by connecting the dots they create birds, animals, various designs, butterflies, deer etc.,
- These kolams look beautiful and are drawn according to ones creativity and dreams.
The few are the pulli kolam (Dot kolam) designs for ur view:
Deers drawn by joining dots
Chettinad tiles design