- The origin of rangoli painting is traced to a legend recorded in the Chitralakshana, the earliest Nepalese treatise on painting.
- When the son of a King's high priest died, Brahma, Lord of the universe, asked the king to paint the likeness of the boy so that Brahma could breathe life into him again.
- This is how, it is believed, the first painting was made.
- Also, the son of the king painted a portrait of a girl whom the son liked very much, although the king would not let his son see her.
- Rangoli also became a form of self-portraiture for women.
- And nowadays rangoli have become a ver passonate art for womens and even the mens.
- In college culturals this art of rangoli have taken its warmth position as no.1 event where ever we see.
- There are various types of rangoli and the details of that could be viewed in a separate link http://www.rangolikolangal.hpage.com
The below are the few rangoli designs for viewers view
Another floral design
A Competitive design which won First prize in an association competition
For more designs and pictures see link: http://www.rangolikolangal.hpage.com